Sunday, August 5, 2007

Anti-Recommendations - Park Connecticut

Park Connecticut

1. All I can say is that when management does a terrible job ensuring that its tenants are happy, all falls apart. The maintenance here is HORRID and the management very rude. The apartments are supposedly high-end, but you would never know that from the quality of service or apartment building itself. No one really takes the time to make sure that a problem is solved and the manager of the building does not seem to really care. I am really surprised that this is the quality we receive here. Other buildings of Charles E Smith have been very good in quality service and everyone has been helpful. Here, it seems like a favor is being rendered every time a problem is reported, instead of thanking the tenant for their support. This building is not deserving of the rent prices, and a major attitude adjustment needs to occur, if this building wants to retain its tenants. The only thing going for this building is its close proximity to the metro and drugstore.

2. My Fiance and I went to the Park Connecticut this Saturday looking to rent a 2 bedroom unit. The woman at the desk just said "there are none available"... no offer to put us on a list, no offer to call us if something opened up, just get out of her building. SO RUDE... for the price they advertise I was expecting much better service. Even if a unit does open up now, I would rather live in the streets than in their building.

3. Looked at an apartment when building was brand new. And I couldn't have had less of a positive opinion of the place. The agent was nice, and the apartment showy, but . . . To get to the apartment she was showing me we went down (good view of the park) to what I was told was the parking level when I asked why there were only doors on one side. I asked if car fumes would be an issue and she said no, but the idea of living on the same floor as the garage didn't really hit me that well.

And while the apartment was nice, the price was just outrageous. I settled in up the street a few blocks, into an older building. But the apartment is large, the management great and I'm happy as a clam here. So glad I didn't waste that extra money each month just because the place was new.

4. I moved in thinking that the nice views of the park and closeness to the metro were all I needed. The parking garage is on the other side of the hallway. Do you like smelling car fumes and exhaust night & day? This place is for you! Or you could get a place in the front with windows facing another apartment and a balcony small enough to put one plant on. If this place was half the price, MAYBE it would be worth it. But they actually wanted to increase my rent by a huge amount to get me to stay? A bad deal all the way around. For that much money I'll find a place I can breath in at night.

No comments: