Thursday, July 10, 2008

Anti-Recommendations - Archstone Escondido

From apartment ratings, some words on Archstone Escondido - California.

I can not recommend this complex to young people starting their lives. The rent is so steep that you won't be able to save money or splurge on luxuries. To add insult to injury, the rooms are small, the pool and spa gates are always locked, and there is a lot of noisy heavy construction going on right near many apartments. Turns out some townhomes are being built right there on Archstone's flank. What makes matters worse is that the construction crew takes up a lot of the parking spaces and they make a lot of ruckus. Some apartments are literally right next door to the construction. The only thing these apartments have going for them is that they have washer/driers in the units to save you a trip to a laundry room. Not worth it, in my opinion.

--

I've lived here for three months. I like the apartment because it looks updated and nice. However, the walls here are extremely thin. I can hear my neighbor's TV through the wall, neighbors running their water in their bathroom. Parking is somewhat a hassle but lately everyone has been moving out so it has gotten easier. A week ago one of the residents hit my car while parking and I call the office to see if I could get my assigned parking spot moved and was told that they did not have any empty spots available, yet there were 13 empty apartments listed on the website at the time. The construction for the new town homes is annoying as well. They are loud and potholes have started to appear as well. I live right next to the pool/spa and there have been some "trespassers" that like to be loud past 10 PM. Just tonight there was a group of 4 being loud and drinking in the hot tub at 3 AM. I called the courtesy patrol unit and nothing happened. I like sleeping at 3 AM so I filed a noise violation to Esco police. Ten minutes later and they were gone.

I like the apartment unit that I spend a lot a month to live in. However, when my lease is up in a couple of months, I'm out of here. The only advantage that Archstone has over their competition is that they have a washer and dryer in unit which does not make up for the high price in rent.

No comments: