Thursday, July 10, 2008

Anti-Recommendations - Archstone Hacienda

From Pleasantville California come these anti-recommendations for Archstone Hacienda.

I moved into Archstone Hacienda last May. I got my renewal notice this week and my jaw dropped when I saw that my rent was going to increase by $800. I guess I should have felt better about the renewal incentives they were offering. For an additional $800 per month, I could get either a new curtain rod, a new toilet seat, caulking, new door stops and my personal favorite - new light bulbs. I guess some people just don't know how to be appreciative.

I'm leading the stampede out of this apartment complex.

---

Like other posters, I moved back to the US from overseas and moved here. I liked it a lot as I had a competent rental agent who really helped me. However, after 6 months I got a rent increase that ranges anywhere from 30-50%!

They say everyone's rent is skyrocketing, but that's not true. They are in walking distance to Oracle and comparing themselves to the new expensive stuff across 580 in Dublin.

Be very careful that you are only here for short term. A colleague of mine at work said he and his wife and done a similar thing and found their rent increasing 20%.

They do tell you about utilities costs and all the other stuff if you pay attention, but my apartment was in the $1600s when I moved in and now it's going for $2090-2795 depending on how long you want to lease. And that's about 1000 square feet only. Ridiculous. Absolutely insane.

---

My husband and I looked at the place a year prior to moving here. We wanted to move to these apartments for several reasons, that looked nice, close to bart, and we were told that there was plenty of parking spaces-that was a lie. The apartment it self was nice and spacious but immediately started falling apart. Cabinet doors broke, the bathroom was put together cheaply; they haven't fixed a thing. The parking is what really erked us. we would have to rush home early to find a parking spot and other people would parking illegal so they would have a spot. Not to mention they are trying to raise the rent $250 dollars for a one bedroom.

No comments: